Police Scotland say it has received numerous reports of collisions due to 'treacherous' driving conditions on the A75.Read the full story ›
- Cold Fell Road - closed due to ice between Ennerdale Bridge and Calder Bridge.
- Corney Fell Road - closed due to ice between Corney and Duddon Bridge.
- Hardknott Pass - closed due to ice between Eskdale and Little Langdale.
- Newlands Pass - closed due to ice between Buttermere and Braithwaite.
Latest updates here.
There's warnings issued for snow and ice across the region over the next few days. Here's how to drive safely in difficult conditions.Read the full story ›
Police are reporting hazardous driving conditions in Cumbria as roads close across the county due to ice forming on untreated surfaces.
- Corney Fell Road. Closed both ways between Corney and Duddon Bridge.
- Newlands Pass. Closed between Buttermere and Braithwaite.
- Cold Fell Road. Closed both ways between Ennerdale Bridge and Calder Bridge.
- Hardknott Pass. Closed both ways between Eskdale and Little Langdale.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for snow and ice across the county, between the early hours of this morning and 6pm on Saturday.
Motorists are advised to take extra care as ice and snow forming on untreated surfaces could lead to vehicles becoming stranded in difficult driving conditions.
- Check the roads in Cumbria before you travel here
Train fares will rise by an average of 3.4% next month, the largest hike in five years.Read the full story ›
Emergency repairs meant that services between Euston and Scotland - passing through the Border region - were cancelled this morning.Read the full story ›
No services will run to or from the station until at least midday on Sunday as emergency repairs on damaged overhead wires take place.Read the full story ›
The accident on the A75 involving a lorry and car towing a caravan between Dumfries and Annan has been cleared. Traffic is said to be coping well.
A collision involving a lorry and a car towing a caravan caused the A75 to close between Dumfries and Annan earlier today.
Police say they have dealt with a spate of road accidents in southern Scotland because of ice on the roads.
Carnforth - A6 Northbound closed, heavy traffic due to flooding between A6070 and Nineteen Acre Lane / Tarn Lane.
Kendal - A684 Singleton Park Road is just passable both ways between Park Side Road and Hayclose Lane.
Abbey Town - B5307 is closed both ways between Abbeytown and Newton Arlosh.
Warcop - B6259 is closed both ways because of flooding around Swillings Lane.
Warwick-On-Eden - B6263 is closed both ways between A69 and Cumwhinton.