One of Penrith's most historic buildings, the Mansion House, has been put up for sale by the council this morning for £1.1 million.
Proceeds from the sale will help Eden District Council finance its one public service site project.
The building dates back to 1750.
It was purchased by Penrith Rural District Council in 1919 and was later inherited by Eden District Council.
Commerical property consultants say it could be developed for residential or retail use or as a hotel.
More top news
Performers gather for the free summer event takes place against beautiful backdrop of Dumfries and Galloway’s Morton Castle
Environment Agency and Annan District Salmon Fisheries Board crackdown on illegal fishing
Dumfries and Galloway community theatre company celebrates accolade as curtain falls on month-long run in Edinburgh