A Jedburgh man's recovering in hospital after he was rescued from a burning flat in the town centre.
Firefighters broke into a third floor property in Market Place on Friday evening.
The 35 year old was found unconscious in the living room.
He was taken to Borders General Hospital near Melrose.
More top news
ITV Border's political editor Peter MacMahon shares his thoughts on the Chancellor's spending review
A look ahead at the forecast for the Border region.
Safety experts are to carry out checks on all 37 holiday chalets where a 59-year-old man died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.