600 passengers had to be transfered from a train after a fire broke out in a carriage while it was traveling near Beattock last Thursday evening.
Dumfries and Galloway fire service today confirmed the cause of the fire as due to leaking oil under one of the carriages which caught light.
More top news
Often very windy, especially as we head into Sunday, with rain or showers. Met Office 'Be Aware' warnings have been issued
The family of a Cumbrian who suffered a botched blood transfusion are furious there was no reference to compensation in the Spending Review.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service is calling on householders across the south of Scotland to be aware of the danger of candle fires.