A man has died in a house fire in Penrith in Cumbria.
Police and the fire brigade were called to the house at Tyne Close Avenue at 09.18 this morning.
A man, believed to be in his 60s. was found in the house and treated for his injuries but was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police do not believe there are any suspicious circumstances and are working to inform the next of kin.
More top news
ITV Border's political editor Peter MacMahon shares his thoughts on the Chancellor's spending review
A look ahead at the forecast for the Border region.
Safety experts are to carry out checks on all 37 holiday chalets where a 59-year-old man died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.