It's taken ten months and cost seven hundred and fifty thousand pounds but today the residents in a remote Lake District were finally re-connected to the national grid.
Mains electricity in Wasdale was lost on Christmas Eve last year when a underwater cable in Wast Water developed a fault.
Since then residents and businesses in the area have relied on large and often noisy generators.
ITV Border's reporter Andy Burn sent this report.
More top news
The family of a Cumbrian who suffered a botched blood transfusion are furious there was no reference to compensation in the Spending Review.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service is calling on householders across the south of Scotland to be aware of the danger of candle fires.
Do you know what's been happening in Cumbria and the south of Scotland over the past seven days? Test yourself in our weekly news quiz.