A family have had a lucky escape after their home was destroyed by fire. Emergency services were called to Elcho Street in Peebles just after 3 o'clock this morning.
A couple and their 3 year old daughter managed to escape the property unhurt, but the fire and rescue service say it could have been much worse - particulary as there were no working smoke alarms inside. Jenny Longden has sent this report
More top news
Fire crews were called to a property in Seaton Village, to a report of a carbon monoxide alarm life risk on on Sunday 22 October at 12.24pm.
PHE says up to a fifth of antibiotic prescriptions are unnecessary - taken for illnesses such as coughs and sore throats.
Over the past five years, the number of babies surviving after being born 23 weeks into pregnancy has doubled at Newcastle's RVI.