Advertisement

House fire started by a candle

A family in the Scottish Borders had what the fire brigade have called 'a lucky escape' after a fire in their home was started by a candle.

View all 3 updates ›

More top news

  • Boxing Day Mountain Rescue

    The Cockermouth Mountain Rescue team was called to the aid of a 70-year old walker from France on Whiteless Pike on Boxing Day.

  • Snow & ice warning

    Snow and ice is expected across NW England and Scotland. There are 2 flood alerts for Cumbria. A&Es expect to be busy during cold weather.