- There is currently widespread surface water flooding in Dumfries and Galloway.
- Reports of river flooding/ water course flooding are starting to come in.
- River Cree remains a concern as water levels rise 500mm in last hour in Newton Stewart.
- Scottish Power are adjusting water levels on the Galloway Hydro scheme and advise that there will be impacts to roads in the Loch Ken/ New Galloway area
- Power has been restored in Lochans and Leswalt villages
- Leswalt primary school opening following restoration of power.
- Scottish Government briefed by SEPA and Met Office that Dumfries and Galloway remain their main area of concern.
More top news
The largest wooden playground in the UK opens at Lowther Castle in Penrith.
Parents in the Borders are being urged by Cumbria County Council to apply for school clothing vouchers and free school meals.
GMB's Ben Shephard is cycling, running and swimming from Whitehaven to Tynemouth to raise money for the Children's Heart Unit Fund (CHUF).