- There is currently widespread surface water flooding in Dumfries and Galloway.
- Reports of river flooding/ water course flooding are starting to come in.
- River Cree remains a concern as water levels rise 500mm in last hour in Newton Stewart.
- Scottish Power are adjusting water levels on the Galloway Hydro scheme and advise that there will be impacts to roads in the Loch Ken/ New Galloway area
- Power has been restored in Lochans and Leswalt villages
- Leswalt primary school opening following restoration of power.
- Scottish Government briefed by SEPA and Met Office that Dumfries and Galloway remain their main area of concern.
More top news
Lakelovers, a holiday cottage agency, celebrated 40 years in Cumbria with a plaque unveiling and Fix the Fells fundraiser.
A look ahead at the forecast for the Border region.
Over Langshaw Ice Cream, based in Galashiels in the Scottish Borders, is set to expand its business after receiving funding of over £45,000.