- There is currently widespread surface water flooding in Dumfries and Galloway.
- Reports of river flooding/ water course flooding are starting to come in.
- River Cree remains a concern as water levels rise 500mm in last hour in Newton Stewart.
- Scottish Power are adjusting water levels on the Galloway Hydro scheme and advise that there will be impacts to roads in the Loch Ken/ New Galloway area
- Power has been restored in Lochans and Leswalt villages
- Leswalt primary school opening following restoration of power.
- Scottish Government briefed by SEPA and Met Office that Dumfries and Galloway remain their main area of concern.
More top news
A look ahead at the forecast for the Border region
A Cumbrian businessman has failed to clear his name over damage to ancient woodland near Brampton and his £450,000 fine will not be reduced.
Councillors have agreed to fund the building of a permanent home for the Great Tapestry of Scotland in the Borders.