- There is currently widespread surface water flooding in Dumfries and Galloway.
- Reports of river flooding/ water course flooding are starting to come in.
- River Cree remains a concern as water levels rise 500mm in last hour in Newton Stewart.
- Scottish Power are adjusting water levels on the Galloway Hydro scheme and advise that there will be impacts to roads in the Loch Ken/ New Galloway area
- Power has been restored in Lochans and Leswalt villages
- Leswalt primary school opening following restoration of power.
- Scottish Government briefed by SEPA and Met Office that Dumfries and Galloway remain their main area of concern.
More top news
Outbreaks of sleet or snow, breezy and turning very cold, the wind chill making temperatures feel like sub-zero. Warnings for snow and ice
Cumbria Police are looking to recruit more than 100 new police constables, just months after the force had been threatened by budget cuts.
The River Kent is being dredged again after more storms at the end of January washed up to 100 tonnes of gravel back downstream