- There is currently widespread surface water flooding in Dumfries and Galloway.
- Reports of river flooding/ water course flooding are starting to come in.
- River Cree remains a concern as water levels rise 500mm in last hour in Newton Stewart.
- Scottish Power are adjusting water levels on the Galloway Hydro scheme and advise that there will be impacts to roads in the Loch Ken/ New Galloway area
- Power has been restored in Lochans and Leswalt villages
- Leswalt primary school opening following restoration of power.
- Scottish Government briefed by SEPA and Met Office that Dumfries and Galloway remain their main area of concern.
More top news
Copeland residents can expect a softer blend of tap water throughout this year.
Over 100 businesses have shown their interest in a 'transformational' £1million scheme, launched by Copeland Mayor, Mike Starkie.
An award-winning painter is giving artists in Cumbria the the chance to help him create his next piece of art this bank holiday weekend.