- There is currently widespread surface water flooding in Dumfries and Galloway.
- Reports of river flooding/ water course flooding are starting to come in.
- River Cree remains a concern as water levels rise 500mm in last hour in Newton Stewart.
- Scottish Power are adjusting water levels on the Galloway Hydro scheme and advise that there will be impacts to roads in the Loch Ken/ New Galloway area
- Power has been restored in Lochans and Leswalt villages
- Leswalt primary school opening following restoration of power.
- Scottish Government briefed by SEPA and Met Office that Dumfries and Galloway remain their main area of concern.
More top news
Three brothers from Cumbria have become the first people to swim across the two biggest and most powerful whirlpools in the world.
A man involved in a violent burglary while on police bail for leaving a baby home alone has been locked up by a judge
The weekend is hours away - and if you are in Cumbria you have the bonus of it being a Bank Holiday.