- There is currently widespread surface water flooding in Dumfries and Galloway.
- Reports of river flooding/ water course flooding are starting to come in.
- River Cree remains a concern as water levels rise 500mm in last hour in Newton Stewart.
- Scottish Power are adjusting water levels on the Galloway Hydro scheme and advise that there will be impacts to roads in the Loch Ken/ New Galloway area
- Power has been restored in Lochans and Leswalt villages
- Leswalt primary school opening following restoration of power.
- Scottish Government briefed by SEPA and Met Office that Dumfries and Galloway remain their main area of concern.
More top news
A look ahead at the forecast for the Border region.
In the picturesque village of Maulds Meaburn, Flass is alleged to have been at the centre of a multi-million-pound drugs plot.
The Lake District National Park wants 10 volunteers to meet tourists on Windermere cruises and encourage them to stop off at Brockhole.