- There is currently widespread surface water flooding in Dumfries and Galloway.
- Reports of river flooding/ water course flooding are starting to come in.
- River Cree remains a concern as water levels rise 500mm in last hour in Newton Stewart.
- Scottish Power are adjusting water levels on the Galloway Hydro scheme and advise that there will be impacts to roads in the Loch Ken/ New Galloway area
- Power has been restored in Lochans and Leswalt villages
- Leswalt primary school opening following restoration of power.
- Scottish Government briefed by SEPA and Met Office that Dumfries and Galloway remain their main area of concern.
More top news
Four men have pleaded guilty to producing £152,000 worth of cannabis, in a bungalow at Silloth which they 'converted into a drug factory'.
Young people across Cumbria are being urged to come forward to get support setting up or developing a farming related business.
A 3.2% fall in house prices across D&G has highlighted economic challenges facing the region according the South Scotland MSP Colin Smyth.