Three Cumbrian councils have agreed to work together to promote the economy in the county along the M6 from junctions 36 to 44.
The leaders of Carlisle City Council, Eden District Council and South Lakleand Council have each signed up to the 'M6 Corridor Initiative.'
The Initiative outlines that the councils will work collaboratively to:
- Promote economic growth along the M6 corridor in East Cumbria
- Provide employment sites within easy reach of main transport routes
- Support development wherever it is most appropriate across the area
- Improve infrastructure and communication networks along the corridor
- Make it easier for businesses to relocate in the area
- Seek to attract new and growing investment
- Market the corridor as an area open for business
- Work with partners such as the County Council and Cumbria Local Enterprise Partnership to facilitate growth .
More top news
It looks like, for a change, the best of the weekend weather (and the week ahead) is coming through on Bank Holiday Monday itself
The British Mountain Bike Marathon Championship has been held in Selkirk in the Borders, with elite athletes from all over the country.
A family from Melrose in the Borders have returned home with their 4-year-old daughter after being caught up in the earthquake in Nepal.