Three Cumbrian councils have agreed to work together to promote the economy in the county along the M6 from junctions 36 to 44.
The leaders of Carlisle City Council, Eden District Council and South Lakleand Council have each signed up to the 'M6 Corridor Initiative.'
The Initiative outlines that the councils will work collaboratively to:
- Promote economic growth along the M6 corridor in East Cumbria
- Provide employment sites within easy reach of main transport routes
- Support development wherever it is most appropriate across the area
- Improve infrastructure and communication networks along the corridor
- Make it easier for businesses to relocate in the area
- Seek to attract new and growing investment
- Market the corridor as an area open for business
- Work with partners such as the County Council and Cumbria Local Enterprise Partnership to facilitate growth .
More top news
Kerrie Gosney brings you Saturday night's forecast
Showers turning heavy with a risk of thunder. Dry and bright start on Sunday, cloudy and wet from the west later
Scotland's First Minister said her government will seek 'immediate discussions' with Brussels to "protect Scotland's place in the EU".