Three Cumbrian councils have agreed to work together to promote the economy in the county along the M6 from junctions 36 to 44.
The leaders of Carlisle City Council, Eden District Council and South Lakleand Council have each signed up to the 'M6 Corridor Initiative.'
The Initiative outlines that the councils will work collaboratively to:
- Promote economic growth along the M6 corridor in East Cumbria
- Provide employment sites within easy reach of main transport routes
- Support development wherever it is most appropriate across the area
- Improve infrastructure and communication networks along the corridor
- Make it easier for businesses to relocate in the area
- Seek to attract new and growing investment
- Market the corridor as an area open for business
- Work with partners such as the County Council and Cumbria Local Enterprise Partnership to facilitate growth .
More top news
An earthquake measuring 1.7 on the Richter scale has been recorded in Cumbria.
A west Cumbrian man has been jailed for carrying out a knife attack.
Animal charity the Scottish SPCA is appealing for information after a dog suspected of being used for badger baiting was found abandoned.