Wasdale Mountain Rescue Team are advising walkers to take extra care when climbing in poor weather conditions, after a man fell to his death on Scafell mountain on Monday (December 10th).
They are advising walkers to:
- Select a route and objective suitable for even the weakest party members
- Get a weather forecast and consider its consequence on your plans
- Leave a route card with your personal details, the intended route, your equipment and estimated time of arrival at your destination with someone responsible
- Make sure you have warm windproof and waterproof clothing whatever the time of year, and wear good walking boots
- Carry basic survival equipment, food and spare clothes for the time of year
- Always carry a map, compass and torch and learn how to navigate before going onto the high fells
More top news
United Utilities fined £750k after seven million litres of raw sewage end up in Duddon Estuary.
McLaren GT’s “Young Driver” Ross Wylie will compete in the 2015 British GT Championship with Von Ryan Racing.
Eleven babies and one mother died following failures in a maternity unit at a Cumbrian hospital, an inquiry has found.