Wasdale Mountain Rescue Team are advising walkers to take extra care when climbing in poor weather conditions, after a man fell to his death on Scafell mountain on Monday (December 10th).
They are advising walkers to:
- Select a route and objective suitable for even the weakest party members
- Get a weather forecast and consider its consequence on your plans
- Leave a route card with your personal details, the intended route, your equipment and estimated time of arrival at your destination with someone responsible
- Make sure you have warm windproof and waterproof clothing whatever the time of year, and wear good walking boots
- Carry basic survival equipment, food and spare clothes for the time of year
- Always carry a map, compass and torch and learn how to navigate before going onto the high fells
More top news
Snow and heavy rain may hamper Monday morning rush hour
Often very windy, especially as we head into Sunday, with rain or showers. Met Office 'Be Aware' warnings have been issued
The family of a Cumbrian who suffered a botched blood transfusion are furious there was no reference to compensation in the Spending Review.