Wasdale Mountain Rescue Team are advising walkers to take extra care when climbing in poor weather conditions, after a man fell to his death on Scafell mountain on Monday (December 10th).
They are advising walkers to:
- Select a route and objective suitable for even the weakest party members
- Get a weather forecast and consider its consequence on your plans
- Leave a route card with your personal details, the intended route, your equipment and estimated time of arrival at your destination with someone responsible
- Make sure you have warm windproof and waterproof clothing whatever the time of year, and wear good walking boots
- Carry basic survival equipment, food and spare clothes for the time of year
- Always carry a map, compass and torch and learn how to navigate before going onto the high fells
More top news
A look ahead at the Bank Holiday forecast for the Border region.
Cumbria County Council will start work on a £320,000 resurfacing scheme on 6 June, between 6.00pm and 12.30am.
ITV Border's favourite Tapir has left the Lake District Wildlife Park near Keswick, to travel to his new home in the United Arab Emirates.