Residents across Carlisle are being encouraged to reduce, reuse and recycle more in 2013.
Carlisle City Council are hoping people will be inspired to make 2013 a 'green' year.
They have issued guidelines to help residents:
- If you have a Greenbox you can recycle the following items at the kerbside or at a local recycling point: wrapping paper; Christmas cards; clean and empty glass bottles & jars and clean and empty drinks & food cans and empty aerosol cans.
- You can recycle your real Christmas trees using your Garden Waste **bin
- In the New Year, to help speed up your garden waste collections please do not place your garden waste bin out for collection unless it is at least half full.
- If you have Greenbags you can recycle the following items from the kerbside or from recycling points: cardboard food and packaging boxes; hard plastic packaging; plastic bottles and food tubs
- Please put plastics in one bag and cardboard in the other as we cannot recycle mixed bags.