Mirehouse Road in Whitehaven, Cumbria, is closed in both directions due to a two-vehicle accident.
Emergency services are on their way to the scene.
More top news
The sudden death of a 67-year-old man in Cumbria is confirmed to have been caused by carbon monoxide.
PHE says up to a fifth of antibiotic prescriptions are unnecessary - taken for illnesses such as coughs and sore throats.
Over the past five years, the number of babies surviving after being born 23 weeks into pregnancy has doubled at Newcastle's RVI.