The National Lottery has awarded £2.3 million in funding for sports clubs in Cumbria, as part of the Olympic legacy.
Below is a list of where most of the money for the region is going to be spent:
- £30,000 to upgrade and make improvements to the main hall at Threlkeld Village Hall.
- £21,558 to renovate the sports hall at Kendal Lads & Girls Club.
- £49,980 to assist the restoration of the outdoor community swimming pool at Greystoke.
- £150,000 to upgrade the changing facilities at Sedbergh Pool.
- £41,360 to upgrade changing rooms and refurbish the gym at Kells ARLFC.
- £23,750 to make repair work at Seaton Rugby League clubhouse.
- £46,743 to refurbish changing facilities and enhancements to flood protection at Keswick Rugby Club.
More top news
GMB's Ben Shephard is cycling, running and swimming from Whitehaven to Tynemouth to raise money for the Children's Heart Unit Fund (CHUF).
Work to secure power supplies to one of the UK's most remote communities, Wasdale Head, gets underway today.
Over 100 Fell ponies and riders were invited by the Queen to march in the 'Guard of Honour' at Windsor Castle.