The National Lottery has awarded £2.3 million in funding for sports clubs in Cumbria, as part of the Olympic legacy.
Below is a list of where most of the money for the region is going to be spent:
- £30,000 to upgrade and make improvements to the main hall at Threlkeld Village Hall.
- £21,558 to renovate the sports hall at Kendal Lads & Girls Club.
- £49,980 to assist the restoration of the outdoor community swimming pool at Greystoke.
- £150,000 to upgrade the changing facilities at Sedbergh Pool.
- £41,360 to upgrade changing rooms and refurbish the gym at Kells ARLFC.
- £23,750 to make repair work at Seaton Rugby League clubhouse.
- £46,743 to refurbish changing facilities and enhancements to flood protection at Keswick Rugby Club.
More top news
Over a hundred youngsters in Coniston were let out of lessons today to join their school's long tradition of an annual fell race.
A campaign has been launched to push for the restoration of the historic Union Chain Bridge.
Rain overnight. Brighter but cooler Friday. Windy weekend