The National Lottery has awarded £2.3 million in funding for sports clubs in Cumbria, as part of the Olympic legacy.
Below is a list of where most of the money for the region is going to be spent:
- £30,000 to upgrade and make improvements to the main hall at Threlkeld Village Hall.
- £21,558 to renovate the sports hall at Kendal Lads & Girls Club.
- £49,980 to assist the restoration of the outdoor community swimming pool at Greystoke.
- £150,000 to upgrade the changing facilities at Sedbergh Pool.
- £41,360 to upgrade changing rooms and refurbish the gym at Kells ARLFC.
- £23,750 to make repair work at Seaton Rugby League clubhouse.
- £46,743 to refurbish changing facilities and enhancements to flood protection at Keswick Rugby Club.
More top news
Two small creatures from thousands of miles away could create big problems for Cumbria's rivers.
A look ahead at the forecast for the Border region.
Should a 20mph limit become standard on inner-city roads? Take our poll to give us your thoughts.