A number of measures were proposed and approved in December 2012 by the Scottish Borders Council in a bid to reduce a £3.8 million funding gap in 2013/14.
These measures included:
- A review of the Social Emotional and Behavioural Need Service (SEBN)
- A review of social work business support services delivery model; all Social Care & Health Specialist Support Services and Social Work night-time support service
- A review of the SB Wardens Service with the proposal to cease theservice by 2014/15
- A review of Early Years delivery model as part of the implementation of the '600 hours' pre-school care and education package as part of the Children's Bill
The council have said that a number of further savings have now been agreed.
- Changes to terms and conditions for staf
- The development of an integrated waste strategy
- A review of the school estate
- Further integration of children’s services
More top news
Kerrie Gosney brings you Saturday night's forecast
East is best for sunshine. Cloudier, breezier with rain risk in the west. Warmer than average
Sanctuary takes place in the heart of the Dark Sky Park, and includes stargazing and a 'sky walk'.