A number of measures were proposed and approved in December 2012 by the Scottish Borders Council in a bid to reduce a £3.8 million funding gap in 2013/14.
These measures included:
- A review of the Social Emotional and Behavioural Need Service (SEBN)
- A review of social work business support services delivery model; all Social Care & Health Specialist Support Services and Social Work night-time support service
- A review of the SB Wardens Service with the proposal to cease theservice by 2014/15
- A review of Early Years delivery model as part of the implementation of the '600 hours' pre-school care and education package as part of the Children's Bill
The council have said that a number of further savings have now been agreed.
- Changes to terms and conditions for staf
- The development of an integrated waste strategy
- A review of the school estate
- Further integration of children’s services
More top news
Nicola Sturgeon has said the SNP would listen to arguments. Alex Salmond says they have - and are set to vote against military action.
A man from Eastriggs near Annan has been shortlisted for a national award as the "Deafblind Person of the Year."
Work has begun on the £16million Windermere Jetty: Museum of Boats, Steam and Stories, on the shore of England's longest lake.