A number of measures were proposed and approved in December 2012 by the Scottish Borders Council in a bid to reduce a £3.8 million funding gap in 2013/14.
These measures included:
- A review of the Social Emotional and Behavioural Need Service (SEBN)
- A review of social work business support services delivery model; all Social Care & Health Specialist Support Services and Social Work night-time support service
- A review of the SB Wardens Service with the proposal to cease theservice by 2014/15
- A review of Early Years delivery model as part of the implementation of the '600 hours' pre-school care and education package as part of the Children's Bill
The council have said that a number of further savings have now been agreed.
- Changes to terms and conditions for staf
- The development of an integrated waste strategy
- A review of the school estate
- Further integration of children’s services
More top news
Our political editor Peter MacMahon looks at the significance of today's meeting between May and Sturgeon
Images released of two men following break-in
Theresa May insists that Brexit must come before Indyref2