Highlights of the 10 year capital budget plans include:
- £51m Investment in roads, lighting and bridges - including£5m to upgrade street lighting with modern energy efficient lamps
- Flood protection schemes - £10.4m including Galashiels and the Skip Running Burn in Jedburgh.
- Waste management - £5.9m
- New Kelso High School - £18.5m
- Improved sports facilities at Peebles High School - £4.3m
- New synthetic sports pitch in Selkirk - £0.9m in 2015/16
- Investment of £8.4m in broadband
- £3.6m to be invested in social work property
- £0.05m per annum to be invested in play facilities across the Borders
- £3.2m, largely funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, to redevelop Wilton Lodge Park in Hawick
- £4.4m for new computers in schools
- £0.05m to help prevent falls in older people's homes.
More top news
Kerrie Gosney brings you Saturday night's forecast
Severe gales possible for a time north of the border overnight. A cold, raw wind sets in Sunday. Showers turning wintry Monday & Tuesday.
Today, the Government announced plans to increase rail services in the North. But what does it mean for Cumbria?