Highlights of the 10 year capital budget plans include:
- £51m Investment in roads, lighting and bridges - including£5m to upgrade street lighting with modern energy efficient lamps
- Flood protection schemes - £10.4m including Galashiels and the Skip Running Burn in Jedburgh.
- Waste management - £5.9m
- New Kelso High School - £18.5m
- Improved sports facilities at Peebles High School - £4.3m
- New synthetic sports pitch in Selkirk - £0.9m in 2015/16
- Investment of £8.4m in broadband
- £3.6m to be invested in social work property
- £0.05m per annum to be invested in play facilities across the Borders
- £3.2m, largely funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, to redevelop Wilton Lodge Park in Hawick
- £4.4m for new computers in schools
- £0.05m to help prevent falls in older people's homes.
More top news
Sunny spells and showers tomorrow will make way for Storm Doris on Thursday.
Sue Hayman MP says she was not allowed to hand a petition with 30,000 signatures, against cuts to healthcare services, in to Downing Street.
The Finance Secretary announced the move to address concerns about the impact of a business rates increase on pubs and hotels.