Highlights of the 10 year capital budget plans include:
- £51m Investment in roads, lighting and bridges - including£5m to upgrade street lighting with modern energy efficient lamps
- Flood protection schemes - £10.4m including Galashiels and the Skip Running Burn in Jedburgh.
- Waste management - £5.9m
- New Kelso High School - £18.5m
- Improved sports facilities at Peebles High School - £4.3m
- New synthetic sports pitch in Selkirk - £0.9m in 2015/16
- Investment of £8.4m in broadband
- £3.6m to be invested in social work property
- £0.05m per annum to be invested in play facilities across the Borders
- £3.2m, largely funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, to redevelop Wilton Lodge Park in Hawick
- £4.4m for new computers in schools
- £0.05m to help prevent falls in older people's homes.
More top news
Figures from Cumbria Tourism reveal record occupancy figures across the county over the summer, despite Brexit and post-flood fears.
Police are warning business owners of a new advertising scam, which it believes is targeting small businesses in the Kendal area.
The 12 times world indoor champion and 7 times world outdoor champion was the guest of honour at the Eden Indoor Bowls Club in Penrith.