Eight people have been sentenced to a total of 49 years in prison for their part in a large-scale drugs ring.
The seven men and one woman from Carlisle, Kendal, west Cumbria and St Helens, appeared at Carlisle Crown Court.
'Operation Adder-Silkworm' began in April 2012, with officers from Cumbria Police's Serious and Organised Crime Unit investigating a drug supply network.
The following defendants were sentenced :
- Luke Anthony Babester,39 years old of Milnthorpe Road Kendal sentenced to 12 years imprisonment
- Roger Fox, 38 years old, of Greta Avenue Carlisle, sentenced to nine years, nine months
- Stephen James Neill 32 years old of Castle View Kendal sentenced to five years, three months
- Steven John Smith, 32 years old of Town Croft, Dearham, sentenced to 10 years, six months
- Martin Andrew Smith 31 years of Grange Avenue, Flimby, sentenced to two years, six months
- Michael John Britland 30 years old of Billinge Crescent, St Helens, sentenced to three years, four months
- Grant Joseph Robertson 28 years old of Lingla Bank Frizington, sentenced to three years
- Angela Marie Clark 52 years old of Robert Owen Avenue, Cleator Moor, sentenced to three years