A spectator was killed on the opening round of the Scottish Rally Championship, the Snowman Rally in Inverness two weeks ago.
A competitor lost control of his car and it landed on top of a 50-year-old woman and an eight-year-old boy.
The young boy survived but the woman died.
Matthew Wilson said that everything is done to continuously improve the standards of safety for both drivers and spectators:
More top news
A look ahead at a calmer forecast for the Border region.
The sudden death of a 67-year-old man in Cumbria is confirmed to have been caused by carbon monoxide.
PHE says up to a fifth of antibiotic prescriptions are unnecessary - taken for illnesses such as coughs and sore throats.