The leader of Carlisle City Council is beginning a five day roadshow, which will allow local residents to express their opinion on draft plans for Carlisle's future.
Councillor Joe Hendry is staging a series of 'Listening Council' sessions across the city, where he will meet the public and discuss various plans for the area.
Residents can speak to Councillor Hendry at the following places:
- 12th March- Longtown Community Centre, 1.30pm-3pm
- 13th March- Harraby Community Centre, 10am-11.30am
- 14th March- Newtown Primary School, 1.30pm- 3pm
- 15th March- Yewdale Community Centre, 10am-11.30am
- 16th March- Carlisle Library, 10am-11.30am
– Councillor Joe Hendry, Leader, Carlisle City Council
"We want to promote Carlisle as a prosperous city, one in which we can all be proud.
"Our city has a lot to offer and we want to build on the success of work currently underway, including the improvements to the Old Town Hall, making Carlisle cleaner and business support initiatives.
"I want to hear direct from residents what they think of our draft plans for Carlisle. Please come and join me at one our Listening Council events."