The 58-year-old was taken from the property in Balmoral Avenue after the kitchen
caught alight in the early hours of Saturday 30th March.
He was treated at the scene for the effects of smoke inhalation.
More top news
The Health Alliance says it's put forward "viable alternatives" to options proposed by the Success Regime.
Cumbrian businesses are being urged to promote fire safety over Christmas, as many companies take on temporary staff.
Dumfries and Galloway Council is warning further cuts to its budget will affect the level of support it can provide to homeless people.