A two year-old boy who suffered facial injuries after being attacked by the family's pet Lurcher is set to be released from hospital.
The toddler, who hasn't been named, was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary yesterday afternoon. He suffered serious wounds to his face but is said to be recovering well. He is expected to leave hospital later today.
More top news
A look ahead at a calmer forecast for the Border region.
The sudden death of a 67-year-old man in Cumbria is confirmed to have been caused by carbon monoxide.
PHE says up to a fifth of antibiotic prescriptions are unnecessary - taken for illnesses such as coughs and sore throats.