- They are nocturnal so the chances of seeing them in the day is unlikely.
- They are most active at night.
- They are ground-living rodents.
- When feeling threatened, they run backwards and spike aggressors with their quills.
- A porcupine has more than 30,000 quills on its back, sides and tail.
- They tend to live in family groups and huddle together for warmth in the winter.
More top news
The two grenades were on board a fishing boat heading for Stranraer harbour.
Storm Doris is set to bring wet, windy and wintry weather to the region.
Carl Hodgson, who lives in the town, was sentenced to three years and six months behind bars at Manchester Crown Court today.