- They are nocturnal so the chances of seeing them in the day is unlikely.
- They are most active at night.
- They are ground-living rodents.
- When feeling threatened, they run backwards and spike aggressors with their quills.
- A porcupine has more than 30,000 quills on its back, sides and tail.
- They tend to live in family groups and huddle together for warmth in the winter.
More top news
Paul Brand is joined by new Parliamentary candidates for a lively debate on the economy and immigration. Watch the programme here:
A look ahead at the forecast for the Border region.
Pupils at Grasmere Primary School have been learning about politics, they've set up their own election so local residents can vote for them.