- They are nocturnal so the chances of seeing them in the day is unlikely.
- They are most active at night.
- They are ground-living rodents.
- When feeling threatened, they run backwards and spike aggressors with their quills.
- A porcupine has more than 30,000 quills on its back, sides and tail.
- They tend to live in family groups and huddle together for warmth in the winter.
More top news
So far, they've removed more than 20,000 tonnes of gravel.
The festival is one of the longest running Blues festivals in the country.
One of the oldest traditions in The Borders is underway - the Langholm Common Riding.