- They are nocturnal so the chances of seeing them in the day is unlikely.
- They are most active at night.
- They are ground-living rodents.
- When feeling threatened, they run backwards and spike aggressors with their quills.
- A porcupine has more than 30,000 quills on its back, sides and tail.
- They tend to live in family groups and huddle together for warmth in the winter.
More top news
The station's historic roof will be replaced, and all eight platforms rebuilt. Network Rail says it is working closely with Historic England
A look ahead at the forecast for the Border region.
Craig Beattie, 33, wept as the jury forewoman delivered the not guilty verdict this afternoon, following a 10 day trial.