Firecrews are reminding households in Cumbria that carbon monoxide detectors save lives after a potential tragedy was averted last month.
Firefighters attended a report of a carbon monoxide (CO) alarm sounding at a property in Marks Avenue, Carlisle on Friday August 23.
The boiler was found to be leaking, which without the alarm could have gone undetected.
Carbon monoxide is a silent killer and without a detector it might not be discovered until it's too late.
This incident in Carlisle shows how important it is for households to take safety precautions and get a detector installed.
Carbon monoxide detectors are relatively cheap and available to buy at a range of shops or online.
It could be the most important purchase you ever make.
More top news
Three travellers have been fined more than £3000 after a fight broke out following cheating allegations in a game of pool against locals.
The nuclear power station has been issued an improvement notice on the condition and cleanliness of it's cooling towers.
A 20-year-old man has been jailed for over three years, after stabbing two girls with a fork, at an 18th birthday party in Whitehaven.