Carbon monoxide warning

Cumbria Fire and Rescue service is reminding homeowners that carbon monoxide detectors save lives, after a potential tragedy was averted last month.

View all 5 updates ›

Firefighters visit homeowners to raise awareness

One of the firefighters talking to a homeowner Credit: ITV News Border

Firefighters have been visiting homes in Carlisle to spread awareness of the dangers associated with carbon monoxide.

They say that although people are becoming more aware of the dangers, not everyone is buying the detectors.

Firefighters visiting homes in Carlisle Credit: ITV News Border

Carbon monoxide detectors can be bought from most major supermarkets and online, and start from around £10.

More top news