Earlier this year a mother and daughter died on a boat in the Lake District as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning.
It now seems that there has been several more cases of carbon monoxide poisonings since then.
Firefighters are so concerned that they are visiting homes in Cumbria advising them to get special detectors fitted to protect them, as Hannah McNulty reports:
More top news
Officers were contacted after a man in his fifties attended a bank to withdraw £5,000 for roofing work and staff became concerned.
People in the Borders are being for their views on how the transport network could be improved for road, rail, bus, bikes and pedestrians.
A man was arrested on suspicion of murder after 67-year-old Kathleen Holme died when a blaze broke out at her home in March.