Westfield Primary School pupil Chloe Crouch is allergic to bananas, an allergy that has meant that the school made the decision to ban bringing the food onto campus.
She was born with the condition that also affects her father Lee.
"When Chloe was born we did wonder if she would have the same condition as me. I also have a pretty bad reaction to bananas so we never gave them to here.
"We discovered she did have the allergy when she went to a friends house and accidentally had a banana milkshake.
"She can go into anaphylactic shock and needs urgent medical attention.
"I think the school have been fantastic and so understanding. We didn't ask them to ban to bananas but that's what they decided to do and I support it.
"We know Chloe is safe at school and that is very reassuring for us. Should she come into contact with bananas during school time all safe are trained to stop the symptoms and administer the Epi Pen if needed.
"It is a weight off my mind knowing they know what to do."
More top news
More harsh weather is expected in Cumbria, Dumfries and Galloway and the Scottish Borders, with possible delays to journey times.
Peter Morrison sent a string of WhatsApp messages, before hitting two highways officers on the M6, killing one and paralysing the other.
The Ministry of Defence has objected to plans to build a zip wire across Thirlmere, stating it poses a risk to low flying operations.