Fire crews have been tackling a blaze at Harvey's furniture store in Carlisle.
The fire broke out at some time before 12:18am on Saturday and officers say it was started deliberately in a bin to the rear of the building.
The have been no reports of any injuries during the incident.
More top news
A look ahead at a calmer forecast for the Border region.
The sudden death of a 67-year-old man in Cumbria is confirmed to have been caused by carbon monoxide.
PHE says up to a fifth of antibiotic prescriptions are unnecessary - taken for illnesses such as coughs and sore throats.