Fire crews who battled a large blaze at Harvey's furniture store believe the fire was started deliberately.
Craig Drinkald, from Cumbria Fire and Rescue, said the fire was started in a bin to the rear building.
More top news
A look ahead at a calmer forecast for the Border region.
The sudden death of a 67-year-old man in Cumbria is confirmed to have been caused by carbon monoxide.
PHE says up to a fifth of antibiotic prescriptions are unnecessary - taken for illnesses such as coughs and sore throats.