The family of Abdelbaset al-Megrahi, the only person to be convicted of the Lockerbie bombing, say they plan to appeal against his conviction. Libyan Megrahi was convicted of the bombing of Pan Am flight 103 in which 270 people died 25 years ago.
Magrahi lodged a second appeal against his conviction from behind bars in Scotland where he was serving life for mass murder. However he dropped his case two days before he was released on compassionate grounds by the Scottish Government. He was suffering with prostate cancer.
Magrahi died last year protesting his innocence. Tonight, his brother said that his family plans to appeal the conviction. It comes as members of the UK Families Flight 103 group announced they are also considering their own appeal against Megrahi's conviction in a bid to reach the truth.
We want to appeal and we wish for the truth to be revealed and this is not just for our own benefit but also for the benefit of the families of the victims and for public opinion.
We need to know who committed this horrible crime. But, as you know, we as a family cannot afford to pay for the appeals process.
God-willing, the Libyan government will do this, but it has to be launched by the family first."
More top news
Kerrie Gosney brings you Saturday night's forecast
Showers turning heavy with a risk of thunder. Dry and bright start on Sunday, cloudy and wet from the west later
Scotland's First Minister said her government will seek 'immediate discussions' with Brussels to "protect Scotland's place in the EU".