Rail services are still closed across parts of the Cumbrian coast line due to the significant damage caused caused over the weekend by the storm and flooding.
There was significant damage at multiple locations:
- Sea defences and retaining walls have been washed away at several locations between Sellafield and Maryport
- 120 yards of track washed away at Flimby
- Lineside equipment and 600 yards of ballast washed away at Parton
- Kirkby-in-Furness station flooded plus damage to lineside equipment
- Braystones station completely flooded
- Debris on the railway at multiple locations
To allow Network Rail to repair the damage rail services were stopped.
Lines are now open between Barrow and Workington.Northern Rail will be operating replacement bus services.
More top news
The Conservative party have ousted Labour, from a seat they had held for decades. Trudy Harrison won a majority of more than 2,000.
As Storm Doris moves away - temperatures will fall.
Sixty-six-year-old Yvonne Blackman, from Dalton, Lockerbie, was involved in the serious collision on Wednesday 8th of February