Rail services are still closed across parts of the Cumbrian coast line due to the significant damage caused caused over the weekend by the storm and flooding.
There was significant damage at multiple locations:
- Sea defences and retaining walls have been washed away at several locations between Sellafield and Maryport
- 120 yards of track washed away at Flimby
- Lineside equipment and 600 yards of ballast washed away at Parton
- Kirkby-in-Furness station flooded plus damage to lineside equipment
- Braystones station completely flooded
- Debris on the railway at multiple locations
To allow Network Rail to repair the damage rail services were stopped.
Lines are now open between Barrow and Workington.Northern Rail will be operating replacement bus services.
More top news
Both Whitehaven and Workington were comprehensively beaten, on the first day of the Championship season.
Thousands of people are visiting the Lake District this weekend, for the annual Big Chill Swim event.
The Met Office have named the 9th storm of the season Storm Imogen. This will hardly impact the ITV Border region