Rail services are still closed across parts of the Cumbrian coast line due to the significant damage caused caused over the weekend by the storm and flooding.
There was significant damage at multiple locations:
- Sea defences and retaining walls have been washed away at several locations between Sellafield and Maryport
- 120 yards of track washed away at Flimby
- Lineside equipment and 600 yards of ballast washed away at Parton
- Kirkby-in-Furness station flooded plus damage to lineside equipment
- Braystones station completely flooded
- Debris on the railway at multiple locations
To allow Network Rail to repair the damage rail services were stopped.
Lines are now open between Barrow and Workington.Northern Rail will be operating replacement bus services.
More top news
It is 'allotment week'. Never one to miss an opportunity - Ross has dodged the showers and headed off to his for this weekend's forecast.
An investigation into the death of a vulnerable woman in Dumfries has found police were initially sent to the wrong house.
Thousands of people are expected to arrive in Carlisle as the city prepares for this year's Carlisle Pageant and Carlisle Fringe Festival.