Rail services are still closed across parts of the Cumbrian coast line due to the significant damage caused caused over the weekend by the storm and flooding.
There was significant damage at multiple locations:
- Sea defences and retaining walls have been washed away at several locations between Sellafield and Maryport
- 120 yards of track washed away at Flimby
- Lineside equipment and 600 yards of ballast washed away at Parton
- Kirkby-in-Furness station flooded plus damage to lineside equipment
- Braystones station completely flooded
- Debris on the railway at multiple locations
To allow Network Rail to repair the damage rail services were stopped.
Lines are now open between Barrow and Workington.Northern Rail will be operating replacement bus services.
More top news
Nominations are now open for the 2017 ITV Fundraiser of the Year – part of the Daily Mirror Pride of Britain Awards.
Speed cameras across Scotland raked in more than £5 million over 2016, the highest since 2014.
Winners at this year Cumbria Tourism awards have been commended for their contribution to the county's tourism and hospitality industry.