Rail services are still closed across parts of the Cumbrian coast line due to the significant damage caused caused over the weekend by the storm and flooding.
There was significant damage at multiple locations:
- Sea defences and retaining walls have been washed away at several locations between Sellafield and Maryport
- 120 yards of track washed away at Flimby
- Lineside equipment and 600 yards of ballast washed away at Parton
- Kirkby-in-Furness station flooded plus damage to lineside equipment
- Braystones station completely flooded
- Debris on the railway at multiple locations
To allow Network Rail to repair the damage rail services were stopped.
Lines are now open between Barrow and Workington.Northern Rail will be operating replacement bus services.
More top news
Over the next eight years the populations of all but nine local authorities in England will increase. Four of those are in Cumbria.
The Psychoactive Substances Act will come into effect tomorrow, and could see offenders jailed for up to seven years.
A man who held his dog in the air by its collar and dragged it on its stomach along the ground, has had the animal taken away from him.