With the University of Cumbria unveiling research which show Scottish country dancing can delay the ageing process, you may be wanting to put these claims to the test.
ITV Border have compiled a list of groups associated with the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society in our region that you can visit:
- Annan - Wendy Adams on 01461 500 250
- Carlisle & Border - Francis Reid on 01228 594 057 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Castle Douglas - Anne McAteer on 01556 640 363 or email@example.com
- Dumfries - Marion Bennet on 01387 263 106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duns &District - Graham Nisbet on 01890 781 567 or email@example.com
- Kirkcudbright - Margaret Wright on 01556 620 288 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stranraer - Irene McKenzie on 01776 703 498 or email@example.com
For more information about Scottish country dancing or to find out about other groups from around the world you can visit the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society website.
More top news
10,000 children have increased their chances of avoiding flu this winter after a county council campaign saw figures soar by 40%.
A look ahead over the festive period.
Boxes of Hope, Cumbria, the charity which gets local communities together and helps deprived children in Eastern Europe.