Cumbria Police are running a week long campaign against cyber bullying.
Some important questions that people can ask to keep themselves safewhile social networking are:
- Who is your audience going to be?
- Do you really know all your “friends”? - If not then consider your posts as being public.
- Are your privacy settings locked down enough?
- Do you understand who will be able to view your posts and profile?
- Will strangers be learning more about your personal life that you would want them to?
- Are you creating a security risk by tagging yourself in a location or posting pictures of your home or property?
- Am I happy for this post to be recorded permanently? – Even when a post is removed from a site, copies of it may have been recorded and may be re-posted at any time.
- Is my post acceptable or could it be interpreted as harassment, bullying or discriminatory in any way by another person?
For more information about staying safe online click here ).
More top news
A little damp first thing in the NW of the region on Sunday morning. Decent sun away from here and across the Isle of Man
Emma Jesson brings you Saturday night's forecast
A few showery patches of rain become confined to western coasts through the remainder of Saturday afternoon. Brighter elsewhere