The 15th Keswick Film Festival is underway.
34 films are set to be showcased at two venues in Keswick, with organisers hopeful this year's event will break even, usually the Festival runs at a loss.
Keswick Film Festival Director, Ann Martin, gave ITV Border her top five highlights of the festival this year:
- Great guests – from Dame Janet Suzman to the raven!
- Fantastic films from far and wide – gives a glimpse of other lands and cultures – an local ones filmed in Ullswater
- First films from Lesotho (The Forgotten Kingdom) and Laos (The Rocket)
- Welcoming back the audience – once they’ve been once they just can’t stay away!
- The buzz – everyone enjoying themselves, chatting about what they’ve seen and are going to see
More top news
Over 100 businesses have shown their interest in a 'transformational' £1million scheme, launched by Copeland Mayor, Mike Starkie.
An award-winning painter is giving artists in Cumbria the the chance to help him create his next piece of art this bank holiday weekend.
A 45-year-old man has died following a fatal road collision in Tweedsmuir. Police Scotland are appealing for witnesses.