The 15th Keswick Film Festival is underway.
34 films are set to be showcased at two venues in Keswick, with organisers hopeful this year's event will break even, usually the Festival runs at a loss.
Keswick Film Festival Director, Ann Martin, gave ITV Border her top five highlights of the festival this year:
- Great guests – from Dame Janet Suzman to the raven!
- Fantastic films from far and wide – gives a glimpse of other lands and cultures – an local ones filmed in Ullswater
- First films from Lesotho (The Forgotten Kingdom) and Laos (The Rocket)
- Welcoming back the audience – once they’ve been once they just can’t stay away!
- The buzz – everyone enjoying themselves, chatting about what they’ve seen and are going to see
More top news
Following public consultation and technical work the ‘green route’ has been selected as the option for the Carlisle Southern Link Road.
Nicholas Rogers stabbed to death Alex Stuart at a house party in Cuddyside, Peebles last August.
Two men have been charged after Police in the Scottish Borders seized £3,000 worth of drugs in Galashiels.