The 15th Keswick Film Festival is underway.
34 films are set to be showcased at two venues in Keswick, with organisers hopeful this year's event will break even, usually the Festival runs at a loss.
Keswick Film Festival Director, Ann Martin, gave ITV Border her top five highlights of the festival this year:
- Great guests – from Dame Janet Suzman to the raven!
- Fantastic films from far and wide – gives a glimpse of other lands and cultures – an local ones filmed in Ullswater
- First films from Lesotho (The Forgotten Kingdom) and Laos (The Rocket)
- Welcoming back the audience – once they’ve been once they just can’t stay away!
- The buzz – everyone enjoying themselves, chatting about what they’ve seen and are going to see
More top news
John Lamont, MSP for Ettrick, Roxburgh and Berwickshire, has announced his resignation to concentrate on his General Election campaign.
The iconic international fashion designer is hosting a talk at the University of Cumbria in June.
A Cumbrian farmer is calling on ministers in London today to give his action group permission to fix flooding problems across Cumbria.