The 15th Keswick Film Festival is underway.
34 films are set to be showcased at two venues in Keswick, with organisers hopeful this year's event will break even, usually the Festival runs at a loss.
Keswick Film Festival Director, Ann Martin, gave ITV Border her top five highlights of the festival this year:
- Great guests – from Dame Janet Suzman to the raven!
- Fantastic films from far and wide – gives a glimpse of other lands and cultures – an local ones filmed in Ullswater
- First films from Lesotho (The Forgotten Kingdom) and Laos (The Rocket)
- Welcoming back the audience – once they’ve been once they just can’t stay away!
- The buzz – everyone enjoying themselves, chatting about what they’ve seen and are going to see
More top news
A man who held his dog in the air by its collar and dragged it on its stomach along the ground, has had the animal taken away from him.
A bird enthusiast has launched a crowd funding appeal to bring sixty rare and threatened Chilean flamingos to his home in Oxton.
The man from Nottingham is accused of taking part in a raid on a convenience store in Innerleithen.