A vet in Cumbria is warning people to be careful with their electronic cigarettes after a dog died from eating one.
Laura McKirdy, who is a vet at Paragon Veterinary Group, at Dalston, near Carlisle, had to put a dog down after it had chewed on its owner's device.
So called e-cigs have got nicotine in them which can be fatal if certain doses are eaten.
She warned that dogs chewing on refills can cause an overdose of the drug, which can kill the animal.
Nicotine is quickly absorbed into the dog's system so its effects can be dramatic.
It will speed up the dog's heart rate and raise its blood pressure. The dog's nervous system can then be "overloaded", potentially causing death.
More top news
The driver of a Rangers supporters' bus which crashed on a roundabout killing a fan blamed the brakes when he was interviewed by police.
Sandy Murray, of Police Scotland, was was giving evidence at the trial of a bus driver who denies killing Ryan Baird by dangerous driving.
34-year-old Christopher Peck was involved in a head-on crash with a drunk driver. His funeral has taken place in his hometown, Workington.