A dog has died from eating an electronic cigarette - thought to be the first case of its kind in Cumbria.
E-cigarettes contain nicotine which can be fatal to animals.
The dog died after it chewed on a refill cartridge for an e-cigarette in the Dalston area of Carlisle.
The vet who treated the animal is urging people to be more careful, and is calling for clearer warnings on packets.
Matthew Taylor reports:
More top news
Three men from Dumfries and Galloway have won a share of £1million after pitching their road surfacing business idea to Sir Richard Branson.
With 74 empty shops and businesses in the town centre, D&G council says it's going to spend a million pounds to bring visitors back.
Following Friday's vote to leave the European Union, businesses in the region are worried about how their export market will be affected.