Scottish Borders Council has teamed up with two charities to offer six free microchipping events for dogs in the Scottish Borders.
The events have been organised ahead of the Scottish Government's plans to introduce compulsory microchipping in April 2016.
Two of them are being held with Dogs Trust on the following dates and at the following venues:
- Friday 24 April, Wilton Lodge Park, Hawick (10am to 2pm)
- Friday 15 May, Linkim Court, Eyemouth (10am to 2pm).
Four further events are being held in conjunction with the charity PDSA, and a free wellbeing check from the veterinary charity will also be included.
- Tuesday 26 May, Duns Square (9.30am to 4.30pm)
- Wednesday 27 May, Kingsmeadow Road Car Park Peebles (9.30am to 4.30pm)
- Thursday 28 May, Public Park, Galashiels (9.30am to 4.30pm)
- Friday 29 May, Wilton Lodge Park, Hawick (9.30am to 4.30pm).
Scottish Borders council hopes the events, which will work on a first come first serve basis, will help owners comply with the new legislation.