Advertisement

Man dies and wife and son seriously ill after 'carbon monoxide poisoning' at holiday chalet

A man has died and his wife and son are seriously ill after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at a holiday chalet in the Scottish Borders.

View all 5 updates ›

Tribute to 'much loved father' who died of 'carbon monoxide poisoning'

The scene. Credit: ITV Border

The family of a man who died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning while on holiday in Peebles, have paid tribute to him.

Michael Travers, 59, from Larkhall, was staying at the Soonhope Chalets with his family when the incident happened late on Saturday night.

Mr Travers managed to raise the alarm after finding his family unconscious, but fell ill himself and was pronounced dead at the property when medics arrived.

His 60-year-old wife and 31-year-old son were taken to hospital, seriously ill.

Michael’s family have issued the following statement in tribute to him:

Michael was a much loved husband and father and we are devastated by his death.

He loved spending time at our holiday home near Peebles and we are comforted that he spent his last few days there.

We are grateful for the support of friends and family and would ask the media to please leave us alone to grieve privately.”

– Family statement

More top news