It's been a very wet Christmas for parts of Cumbria overnight, with more than 100mm of rain falling in higher areas. There is now a yellow warning for rain in force from 9:30am to 11pm today.
Further showers with heavy spells may well lead to some flooding of low lying areas, and possibly some properties in prone locations:
- Keswick Campsite
- Rivers Brathay, Rothay and Winster
- Rivers Caldew and Petteril
- Rivers Cocker, Marron and Derwent
- Rivers Duddon, Crake and Mill Beck
- Rivers Ehen, Calder, Irt and Esk
- Rivers Wampool and Ellen
- Upper River Derwent, Stonethwaite Beck and Derwent Water
The heaviest of the rain will ease off this evening, but lighter bursts are likely to continue through the night and into Boxing Day, especially over the higher Fells in Central Lakeland.