A 19-year-old woman has died after taking drugs on a night out in Leeds.
The victim who has not been named was taken ill in Pryzm nightclub in the city centre and was helped outside by a friend before door staff became aware and called the club’s medical staff to assist.
She was taken to St James’s Hospital where she underwent emergency treatment but died soon after.
Test results have shown that she died as a result of hyperthermia and complications due to MDMA toxicity.
A 19-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of a Class A drug and has since been released on police bail pending further enquiries.