A mother has avoided going to jail after her son died from drinking plant food she used to grow cannabis. 23-year-old Lauren Booth, from Almondbury in Huddersfield was found guilty by a jury of neglecting her 2-year-old son Aaron.
Bradford Crown Court heard how Aaron had not been fed the day he drank the poisonous liquid and was probably extremely hungry and thirsty. It is thought he may have mistaken the plant food for a fruity drink. He died eleven days later in hospital.
A judge at Bradford Crown Court has given her a 12 moth prison sentence suspended for two years.