An indoor music festival is taking place this weekend celebrating 50 years of Beatle music. The Beatles Festival features look-alike & sound-alike tribute acts at the Scarborough Spa providing a 'No Mud' indoor festival - regardless of the Great British weather.
The festival will provide a nostalgic opportunity for those who lived through that musical period and for younger audiences to discover the influencers of Oasis & Robbie Williams and many current pop stars.
Popular artistes include:
- The Mersey Beatles who have been resident at the Cavern Club Liverpool for 10 years and regarded as the definitive Beatles Tribute band.
- The Macca band with Neil Tudor are a Paul McCartney tribute featuring Beatles, Wings and Paul's solo music. Neil Tudor is Paul's official 'double' for adverts & commercial films.
- The Cavernites are a genuine 60's beat group and will set the scene tomorrow to get everyone in the 1960's mood with Beatles, Stones and loads of hits of the period.
- The Beatelles are an All-Girl Beatles tribute band and give a cool twist on Beatle music - watch & listen out for their mix/mash-up of California Dreaming with George Harrison's - While My Guitar Gently Weeps.
- The Beatle 5 have the usual guitar line up plus keyboards so play those scarcer Beatle tunes such as 'Martha my Dear' so a full spectrum of Beatles music is guaranteed.
– Steve Foley - Organiser
"As an event organiser and a lifelong Beatles fan - The Beatles Festival and the Grand Hall at Scarborough Spa provided an irresistible combination. We also plan Whitby Rock Festival at the Pavilion and Scarborough Country Music Festival in November which we hope will become annual events."