There will be no green bin collections for people living in Doncaster today. Refuse collectors who are part of the Unite union are staging the first of six one day strikes in a row over pay.
Green bin collections have been suspended so resources can be redirected to minimise disruptions to black bin collections.
Residents are being asked to put their black bins out on their usual collection day, during their usual black bin collection weeks only.
Green box collections
Green box collections for the majority of the borough will remain unaffected. However, households which usually have collections on a Monday or a Friday will see this recycling service reduced to every other week until Friday 12th of October.
- Residents living in Barnby Dun, Blaxton, Edenthorpe, Finningley, Kirk Sandall, Town Moor and Wheatley who usually have their collection on a Friday should only put out their green box, blue bag and clear bag on Friday 21st September and Friday 5th October.
- Residents living in Balby, Burghwallis, Campsall, Skellow, Sprotbrough and Tickhill who usually have their collection on a Monday should only put out their green box, blue bag and clear bag on Monday 1st October.
- Residents living in Auckley, Austerfield, Bawtry, Branton, Dunscroft, Dunsville, Finningley, Hatfield, Hatfield Woodhouse, Norton and Thorne who usually have their collection on a Monday should only put out their green box, blue bag and clear bag on Monday 24th September and Monday 8th October.
- Residents living in Bentley, Denaby, Denaby Main, Intake, Mexborough, Old Denaby, Wadworth and Warmsworth who usually have their collection on a Friday should only put out their green box, blue bag and clear bag on Friday 28th September and Friday 12 October.
– Gill Gillies, Doncaster Council's Assistant Director of Environment
"Although this dispute is between our contractor and their employees, we are working very closely with the management team at SITA to minimise disruption to residents resulting from the current industrial action."
All waste and recycling services should return to normal on Monday 15th October.