North Yorkshire Police is advising motorists not to travel unnecessarily while a number of roads remain closed across the county due to flooding.
Some roads are badly affected by the persistent rain and people in those areas will find many routes completely blocked.
The A1 is closed between junction 49 at the A168 and Catterick and traffic is being diverted onto the A19. There also delays on the A1 at Marne Barracks.
There is no indication when the A1 will be reopened at this time.
Other roads/areas affected:
- The road into Richmond is flooded.
- Tunstall Bridge is flooded.
- The B6271 between Brompton-on-Swale and Richmond is flooding.
- The A689 at Crakehall is flooded.
- The A684 at Morton on Swale is flooded.
- The A61 at Skipton on Swale is passable with care.
- Gilling West village is flooded.
- Bellerby is flooded.
- The A684 at Aysgarth is flooded.
- The bridge over the River Swale at Scotton is closed.
- The A66 is flooded at the Fox Inn.
- The road into Newton-le-Willows is closed due to flooding.
- The road from Leyburn to Catterick Garrison is closed due to flooding.
- The iron Bridge at Great Langton is flooded.
- Catterick Village is flooded.
- Croft on Tees is flooded.