A mother whose three young children were killed in a devastating house in Bridlington fire two years ago has died. Samantha Hudson, aged 29, was the only survivor of the blaze. She died from pneumonia.
Her three children, William Beale, aged nine, Anthony ‘AJ’ Hudson, five, and three-year-old Maddie-Jane Hudson, all perished in the fire which ripped through their home as they slept.
The children were all buried in their pyjamas as their mum fought for her life in hospital. She only discovered they had died three months later. An inquest later heard the fire had been accidentally started by a cigarette from their mother.
Calendar report on the tragedy from November 2010.