Police and Crime Commissioner, Shaun Wright attended South Yorkshire Police’s flagship anti-gun and knife crime presentation, ‘Guns and Knives take Lives’ when it was presented to pupils at All Saints Catholic High School in Sheffield.
The programme was first introduced in South Yorkshire in 2005 and is delivered to over 20,000 schoolchildren every year.
Delivered by operational firearms officers from South Yorkshire Police, it features a 90-minute, hard-hitting and impactive presentation which educates the children on the dangers of carrying and using these weapons as well as the following topics:
- Law on knives
- Knives and associated injuries including 'Claire's Story'
- Practical advice
- Law on guns
- Gun shot injuries
- Armed officer deployment and the role of armed police officers
- Interactive excercise - the 'point 7' challenge
- Law on using others to carry weapons
- Advice on disposal of weapons