The legal battle over where the remains of Richard III will be buried has been adjourned.
Three High Court judges decided to adjourn the case to a later date because another party had joined the legal confrontation.
The remains of the last Plantagenet King were found buried under a car park in Leicester last year, and the plan was for them to be reinterred in a tomb in Leicester Cathedral.
But distant relatives of the King in York have brought a legal challenge to this decision. The Plantagenet Alliance claim the remains should be reburied at York Minister, as he wished.
The legal challenge consists of concerns that the Justice Secretary failed to consult before giving archaeologists at the University of Leicester license to excavate Richard’s body, and decide where he would be reburied.
Now the case has been adjourned so that Leicester City Council can be added to the list of parties being challenged by the York group.
The battle to decide where the remains of Richard III are to be buried goes to the High Court today.
The full judicial review hearing about whether the exhuming and reinterring of Richard III's remains should be allowed takes place at London's High Court.
Involving two judges and expected to last a whole day, the hearing will specifically examine the Ministry of Justice's decision to grant a "section 25 licence" to the University of Leicester.
This authorised the university to remove the king's remains from beneath a council car park and reinter them. The university subsequently announced it intended the reburial would take place in Leicester Cathedral.
A group of the king's descendants, known as Plantagenet Alliance Limited, which wants his final resting place to be York, has brought Tuesday's case in an effort to have the "section 25 licence" quashed.
Prince Harry will set off today alongside three teams of wounded soldiers from the United Kingdom, United States and the Commonwealth who are racing to the South Pole.
A theme tune has been written by a local musician from York, while wounded soldier Ibrar Ali from Rotherham is also heading out.
All three teams depart from London today for Cape Town, South Africa. They are due to arrive in Novo, Antarctica on November 19 to begin acclimatisation, moving to 87° south on November 30.
They are aiming to complete the 335km expedition by December 16. Actors Dominic West and Alexander Skarsgard also taking part.
The Cabinet is giving Prince George a hand-crafted pine toy box as a christening present.
The Prime Minister's official spokesman said every member had made a contribution to the cost of the chest made by Hibba Toys of Leeds.
The spokesman would not reveal how much they paid, but the company's website advertises a solid pine toy box for £315 with a personalised version for £325.
"I think it was suggested as an appropriate gift by the Palace," the spokesman said. "Every member of the Cabinet is contributing."
Ministers are also making a charitable donation to the Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry.
The judge also, in a quid pro quo for granting a full PCO, capped the costs the Alliance can recover from the Justice Secretary and the University of Leicester, the second defendant in the case, at £70,000.
The Alliance had suggested the cap should be dramatically increased by 50% to reflect the Justice secretary's "aggravating" conduct, including his public criticism of the proceedings going to court in the media.
A Ministry of Justice spokesman said: "It is unfair for taxpayers to have to fund the case being brought by the Plantagenet Alliance and we are disappointed by the court's decision on this issue.
"We will now consider the judgment on this appeal and decide our next steps. We will continue to vigorously defend our position at the main judicial review hearing."
Justice Secretary Chris Grayling has lost his High Court bid to stop distant relatives of Richard III having their costs protected if they lose their legal battle over where the monarch's remains should be reburied.
Lawyers for Mr Grayling argued that taxpayers should not have to foot the bill.
But a judge ruled today the relatives, who have formed the Plantagenet Alliance Ltd to fight for the remains to be buried at York Minster, are entitled to a protective costs order (PCO).
Mr Justice Haddon-Cave ruled that he was satisfied that "it was, and is, appropriate, to grant a full PCO".
It is understood that loss of the PCO could have jeopardised the judicial review application going ahead.
Prince William has joked that anyone who smashes a window during the upcoming football match at Buckingham Palace will have to answer to his grandmother.
The famous landmark will host its first ever football match between two of England's oldest amateur clubs later today, as part of the Football Association's 150th anniversary celebrations.
The Football Association is preparing to honour over 150 grassroots volunteers in recognition of their dedication to the sport at a special event at Buckingham Palace today.
The recipients were chosen for their outstanding contribution to football, including helping to develop the women's game, providing opportunities for disabled players and refereeing.
Buckingham Palace will also host its first ever football match today between two of England's oldest amateur clubs as part of the celebrations.
Buckingham Palace will host its first ever football match today between two of England's oldest amateur clubs.
The Duke of Cambridge, the president of the FA, has helped organise the event as part of the Football Association's 150th anniversary celebrations.
Civil Service FC and Polytechnic FC, both based in Chiswick, west London, will play a competitive Southern Amateur League fixture in the gardens of the famous landmark.
The Queen gave her permission for the match and Wembley groundsman Tony Stones and his team have worked with the royal household gardeners to create a pitch in the 39-acre garden.
Prince William will host the event and present medals to 150 grassroots volunteers in recognition of their dedication to the sport.