- 4 updates
Vet Hannah Donovan from Rase Veterinary Centre treated Sooty the cat.
Sonia Robertson tells us about her cat Sooty who died after a suspected poisoning.
This is Sooty the cat from Wragby in Lincolnshire who died following a suspected poisoning. He disappeared for 24 hours then returned vomiting. His owner had to have him put down by vets who found he had ingested anti-freeze.
Five cats have died in Wragby in Lincolnshire over the last month in a spate of suspected poisonings. The animals all belonged to households on Hansards Drive and Queen Elizabeth Drive. Tests show one had ingested anti-freeze, badly damaging its kidney. Police have warned owners to be vigilant.