- 3 updates
We have been speaking to Carbon Monoxide campaigner Helen Carter from Sheffield about a storyline on Coronation Street, which was prompted by her concerns. Helen lost her husband after an unqualified person attempted to fix their boiler.
After seeing a similar scenario on the ITV soap Helen got in touch with the producers, who then decided to develop the storyline over the festive period.
Carbon Monoxide awareness campaigner Stacey Rodgers from Huddersfield has welcomed a storyline in Coronation Street highlighting the dangers of the silent killer. Her son, Dominic, was killed after a leak from a boiler in her neighbour's house.
She hopes the events in the soap make people consider getting a CO alarm.