- 7 updates
The Floods Minister, Richard Benyon, welcomes the schemes announced today.
The Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs has welcomed the £50.5m flood scheme in Leeds.
- A £14.5 million flood defence will protect 14,000 homes
- The defences will also protect nearly 300,000 square metres of dockland that has been allocated for industrial development.
- £1.25 million has been brought forward by a local business
- A £9.7 million flood defence will protect 465 homes and businesses.
- Over 500 jobs will be created as land is protected for business use.
- £2 million has been agreed in principle from local businesses.
- A £11.4 million flood defence will protect over 300 businesses in the area.
- It will create over 2,700 jobs by protecting land for business use.
- Local businesses have brought in £2.55 million for the project.
Latest ITV News reports
Leeds to benefit from £50.5m flood investment