Labrador puppy causes a stir

A Hull puppy caused a stir at a vets when she turned up for surgery - after swallowing a spoon

Gypsy back with her owner after spoon removal

Gypsy had to have an operation to remove the spoon Credit: ITV Yorkshire

A puppy caused a stir at a vets when she turned up for surgery - after swallowing a spoon.

Gypsy had to have the teaspoon removed in an emergency one-hour operation.

The seven-month-old Labrador Retriever had helped herself to the metallic snack after it had been left on a kitchen worktop by her owner, Diane Harman.

Gypsy underwent a one-hour operation to remove the spoon and much to the relief of her owner she was able to return home the following day.

Vet: First time removing cutlery from a dog

Gypsy underwent a one-hour operation to remove the spoon and much tothe relief of her owner she was able to return home the following day.

Vet David Robinson, who performed the operation, said: “The spoon had worked its way through her stomach and into her intestines. If we had not operated straight away there would have been a high risk of it perforating the intestine which could have been fatal.”

“We’ve taken all kinds of foreign objects out of dogs but this is the first time we have had to remove a piece of cutlery,” he added.

Advertisement

Hull puppy causes a stir after eating a teaspoon

The x-ray showing the spoon Gypsy swallowed Credit: ITV Yorkshire

A puppy caused a stir at a vets when she turned up for surgery - after swallowing a spoon.

Gypsy had to have the teaspoon removed in an emergency one-hour operation.

The seven-month-old Labrador Retriever had helped herself to the metallic snack after it had been left on a kitchen worktop by her owner, Diane Harman.

Diane said she at first thought Gypsy had eaten a teabag as the pot had been tipped over before noticing the spoon was missing from the pot.